2003/09/10

Ran again 6.8 mile in 60 mins

Today, il found a set of GRE preparing kit. So, as a payback, I decide to draw a cheque to him, since he refused a real cheque. However, when you examine the cheque carefully, you could find that, the underline of your signature is actually a line of tiny-sized words, AUTHORIZEDSIGNATURE, repeatly. This is true for cheques printed by Harland. And the bank roting number and your account number is print in MICR font, which is a kind of font normally selling online as hundred bucks. So, I decide to handdraw it rather than use computer. And it's really have nothing to do with your drawing skill, just a test of patient. Almost half night, I only finished all the lines and my first name. If you do not have a good ruler and a good quality mechanical pencil such as rOtring Tikky, the work will be tough. BTW, I found lost a pencil box yesterday, which is a gift my sister gave it to me 8 years ago. And there is a rOtring Tikky II inside it, a kind of German classical noble role model which you can hardly find from US market presently because this company was unfortunately eaten by Sanford.


Today, I found what's the meaning of "harpo" and "chico", do ya wanna guess? Sure, I give you 3 mins, dida dida... dida, hmm time is up. Actually these computers are named after a famous comedy actor group, Marx Brothers from 30's last century. They are 5 brothers, Groucho, Harpo, Chico, Gummo and Zeppo, and before they became famous from Broadway, Gummo has left this group already, so at a later time, it became "well-known" Groucho, Harpo, Chico and sometimes Zeppo. After I told Il this truth, he got to know why his thesis advisor's computer is named Zeppo. So, You are welcome to visit a "famous" world wide web http://harpo.physics.gatech.edu. There might be also some stories from music band Queen, because it is easy to see that they have two albums "a night at the opera" and "a day at the races" sharing the titles with the movies of Marx Brothers. Marxs are really brothers, while Queen are gays, however, their music is super.


BTW, 63F, fair, YTD 89.3 mile, weekly 15.8 mile. Hopely tomorrow I can be back within 59 mins. gotta goto bed and kiss my pillow.

No comments: